Access Control Buyers Guide
We have written this Access Control Buyers Guide and list of FAQ to help you understand the options available so that you can make the right choice. It’s long because we wanted to provide a really useful and comprehensive guide. If you have a question that’s not covered, we’d love to know so that we can continue to develop our Access Control Buyers Guide! Please use the form on the right of this page to contact us and we will do our very best to answer your query. Also, if you don’t want to read it we are happy to discuss your requirements and advise on the best system to suit your needs – please call us on 01663 719520 or email email@example.com and we’ll get in touch. Areas covered by ESI
- What is Access Control?
- What should I consider when choosing an Access Control System?
- What should I consider when choosing an installer?
- How do I know I can trust a security systems installer?
- Do you install Access Control Systems in Business premises and private homes?
- What areas do Electronic Security Installations cover?
- How long does it take to install an access control system?
- How quickly can you come and install my new system?
What is Access Control?
Put very simply, Access Control manages who goes in and out of your premises.
It can be as simple as a single electronic keypad, or as complex as a networked, multi layered system managing zoned access across multiple sites and integrating with other security systems and time & attendance systems.
Please call us on 0800 082 5500 we will be happy to discuss your specific requirements, whether they are simple or highly complex. Our quotations are free and designed to match your individual needs.
What should I consider when choosing an Access Control System?
- How many doors/buildings do you need to secure? You may not need to secure every door, but you may wish to set up a system with “zones”.
- Do you need different levels of access to certain areas such as the Server Room or Cash Office? Most businesses, large or small, have certain areas that require limited access.
- Do you need to control who goes out as well as in? For example a school will want to protect pupil safety by ensuring that children don’t leave the premises unattended, as well as needing to prevent unauthorised visitors from entering.
- How will people exit in the event of an emergency or powercut?
- How will you allow legitimate visitors access, will you speak to them via an intercom?
- Is managing Time and Attendance important to your business? If your workers are paid on an hourly rate you can use an access control system to “clock in & out”.
- Does your business work in a sector with high security requirements such as Government offices? Latest technology includes biometric fingerprint recognition and retinal scanning.
- Don’t want to go that far … then should it be Fobs, Cards or Codes? A pin code is generally accepted as being the lowest level of security as you can never really be certain who has the code. Fobs and cards are easily added and removed from a system meaning that it is quick and easy to deny access to ex-employees. A photo can be added to a card for use as an ID card. Proximity fobs are easy to use as they work on being in close vicinity to the reader.
What should I consider when choosing an installer?
- At ESI ALL staff have been security vetted to BS7858:2006 and the police have confirmed that they are considered suitable for employment in the security installation industry.
- We would always advise that you obtain at least 2 written quotations. You might chose 1 from a national company, and we would recommend choosing a local company for your second quote as in our experience smaller organisations offer good value for money and better levels of customer service. Also many people prefer to entrust their security to a local company. At Electronic Security Installations Ltd we love the fact that we can give a great level of customer service; we are big enough to have the expertise and manpower, and yet small enough to see all of our customers as individuals.
- Ask whether you would be buying or just renting the equipment. If you chose Electronic Security Installations Ltd all equipment is sold to you outright.
- Ask if there is a maintenance plan. What will subsequent years cost, and what is the minimum contract term. If you choose to have your system maintained by us we will service your system once a year (unless you ask us to come more often). Our engineers will be available to you 24/7. We have a variety of maintenance options, including our Premium extended warranty package, fixed price deals and monthly payment options….just ask.
- Ask business contacts, friends and collegues – there is no better recommendation than personal experience! Check out the testimonials on the website too. At Electronic Security Installation 89% of our business last year came from existing clients and recommendations – confirmation that we’re getting it right!
- Does the company offer 24/7 call-out service with emergency attendance within 4 hours? The latest figures for Electronic Security Installations Ltd show that over the last 12 months we have been averaging a response time for emergency call-outs of 60 minutes. We achieve this by concentrating on our local area of Cheshire, High Peak, North Derbyshire and South Manchester.
How do I know I can trust a security systems installer?
- ALL ESI staff are vetted to BS7858:2006
- Ask to see photo ID – at Electronic Security Installations we insist our engineers carry this at all times.
- At Electronic Security Installations Ltd we take your security and privacy very seriously. Look at our testimonials and you will see that we never disclose our client names or addresses. You won’t find examples of our installations on our website, not because we are not proud of our work, but because client confidentiality is paramount.
Do you install Access Control Systems in Business premises and private homes?
Yes! Electronic Security Installations Ltd have happy clients from all sectors; Offices, shops, warehouses, garden centres, Public sector such as schools and hospitals as well as private homes small and large.
Access control doesn’t have to be complicated….it might be as simple as a video entry system in a block of flats.
What areas do Electronic Security Installations cover?
Our offices are in Whaley Bridge, and from there we cover The North West; High Peak, North Derbyshire, Cheshire, South Lancashire, South Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Macclesfield, Buxton, The Hope Valley, The Peak District, Cheadle, Hale, Altrincham……
If you’re not sure whether you are in our area please give us a call on 01663 719520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does it take to install an access control system?
At Electronic Security Installations Ltd we allow time to ensure a neat and professional job. For a single door assume it will take 1 day, longer for a larger or more complex installation.
How quickly can you come and install my new system?
At Electronic Security Installations Ltd we usually work on around a 4 week lead time. However, if it’s an emergency we will always do our very best to secure your property as quickly as possible.